Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Well, we're off!!!

Alright, I'm not sure what I expected when Sara and I jointly decided that God was calling us to Wilmington, but the emotional roller coaster that we've been on for the past week has been CRAZY!!! After having the opportunity to see almost all of our family and every friend we could get a hold of, we realize how blessed we are here. We want to thank everyone for supporting, encouraging and praying for us as we go off on this amazing journey.
The realization finally hit me; not after saying goodbye to family, friends, etc...but when I realized that I'd be waking up tomorrow morning, hitting the road, and not being in Arkansas for the next several months. When I know that the place I've always called home will no longer be within an hours drive...it starts to pull at me, and Sara's the same way, the only thing that we can say has been consistent throughout our lives is now not going to be within immediate reach. And I can't openly go outside and call the hogs and instantly have others join in...I'll just get the neighbor who thinks I'm absolutely insane!
It's something that I've done for the past several years, and while it may sound weird, it strikes a cord with me and has convicted me. I try not to say "Goodbye" when leaving friends and family...I purposely say "later" because I plan on seeing everyone again, no matter the time, date, or place! Not sure why I share that, but it truly makes me look at my relationships in a Godly way...and I honestly do want to see everyone again!!!
We have reached a point where the emotion of leaving our amazing friends and family has taken hold, but we do want everyone to know that it is out of love, not sadness! We look forward to hearing everything that is going on with those we care for, and also look forward to sharing our story with those interested. So, as I sit here knowing that I'm about to go to bed at 8, wake up at 2...and hit the road, I'm ready! SO READY, to see what God has in store for us in Wilmington! God, PLEASE protect us...and be with our friends and family! Bless them as much as you have used them to bless our lives day in and day out!!! Amen

Love you ALL!

Next time we talk, I'll be a hog fan in a state of BLUE??? GO HOGS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment