Friday, March 20, 2009

Update from the Port City!!!

It's been a week, but we've been busy setting up interviews, finding places to interview, exploring, sitting on the beach...you know, typical life! So here's the update: we're loving it here, we miss everyone, and the fact that we have no friends yet is kinda a bumber, but hey, we've been here a week. I've had several promising interviews with the likes of the City of Wilmington Parks and Rec, wbsurfcamp.com (pretty sweet gig there), and I've already got one job with Coastal Horizons working as a prevention based organization using the outdoors for an outlet(high ropes, low ropes, sea kayaking)...and Sara has an amazing opportunity to work with a local magazine here in Wilmington called Wilmington Parent that she has an interview for on Wednesday of next week! Be praying for us, I know God will provide, but we'd really like some info on how(haha). We'll be participating in a work day tomorrow with Horizon Church (wilmingtonchurch.net/home)-the church that offered us a place to stay when we visited-that will help them clean up the facilities, and I've got a chance to go to a church planting conference in Myrtle Beach next weekend with Gary, the pastor, so we're getting plugged in there, but we will be checking out a few other churches this Sunday, PC3(portcitychurch.org) and also Lifepoint Church(lifepointnow.com)! I'm looking to also get plugged into these ministries in any way possible to continue ministering to youth, so just looking for the open door and waiting to see what can happen! I'm pumped about our opportunities, and can't wait to see what happens!

One quick thought, God is really putting on my heart the importance of study with Him. I've realized that the nights that I go to bed after spending time looking at, studying, and reading His word, I seem to sleep much better, that is unless He puts something on my heart and I can't stop thinking about it!!! God is awesome, and has truly been faithful to us in this move! Please take the time to thank God for His grace, because without it...I know Sara would have probably already KILLED me by now! HAHA....P.S. Sara says Hi, and thank the Lord for Income Tax Returns! COME VISIT IF/WHEN YOU CAN!!! We'll hook you up!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment