Monday, January 11, 2010

Passion, Purpose

I think that it is safe to say that there are some huge things going on in everyone's lives right now whether they realize it or not. God is definitely at work in some crazy way right now because everyone we talk to seems to have the same desire...a NEW CHURCH...and when I say church, I don't mean we need to move into some new building...we need to change the way we see what the church is. I'm sorry to say this..no wait...I'M NOT, but people need to get out of the idea that the church is the building on the corner and actually get out of the church building and see what God really wants to do with them. God has definitely called me to be more than just some church attender and yes, while going to church is a great thing, becoming the church, living it out in community with others, and serving those around you without any expectations is what I feel like the church should be.
Through the last year our lives have been "flip turned upside down" to quote the Fresh Prince! We had some thoughts of what might happen, but God threw any preconceived notions we had out the window and blew our minds like you wouldn't believe. Within weeks of moving to an area that we didn't know anyone period, we were plugged into Lifepoint Church and getting to know people that would forever change the way we lived our lives for Christ. Now, on to the reason for me getting off on this rant. I was looking through an old pile of papers when I found a card that had come from an event that we went to for the leaders at Lifepoint. On this card was written the one thing that I think has prepared Sara and I for the position we are in right now. This is what Sara had written: "If the need is there, we should fill it when called. I've felt that way since they spoke to us last, regardless of our circumstances or if we'll get paid or anything."

Now, not to say that Sara and I had figured it all out, but I think in a weird, unknowing way, we had. If we are seeking God, then our desires will get pushed aside, and His desires will take hold. We shouldn't be looking for that one thing, but in all that we do, look for God and He will give us the opportunity to do that one thing we love. It may not be now, and it may not be in the way we expected, but when the only thing that you expect is for God to show up, then God will use you and there will be much greater joy in that than seeking out a passion. My father-in-law has said find your purpose and pursue it with a passion. Wise words for anyone to listen to, and I will tell you that my purpose is to do whatever God calls me to do, and following Him with a passion no matter where that may lead us! I pray that God wrecks your hearts in a way that gives you the desire to get out of your seat and pursue HIM. I'd like to know where HE takes you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment