Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Daily Tearing down of my Pride

I had a moment today where I realized that its all about how we look at things.  I was reading a book that I swear I could have probably wrote some of the things he wrote about!  It's a great book, I've had it for years and just haven't gotten around to reading it.  Blue Like Jazz.  It's been out for several years, and it is absolutely crazy how God works.  I was given this book free outside of one of the dining halls on campus at the University of Arkansas and it has sat on my shelf for nearly 4 years.  It's not that I haven't read anything at all since then, trust me, I've made huge advances in my reading skills, I just looked it over.  But God was saving this read for a specific season in my life, and here it is!   This book is almost an outside look in on my way of thinking, and has humbled me to really look past all of my personal desires, "my plans," my way of analyzing everything, and truly see things through God's eyes.  It's awesome how God will speak through other people to you at just the right time.  If I would have read this book when I got it, I would have probably hated it, but its relevant to me, NOW!  This current book and the one I just finished, Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis, have really challenge me to Focus my thoughts on God, but not to over think God.  I often times try to reason out and analyze God, the situations He has me in, and the purpose He has for me, but I miss the point!  I've spent all my time thinking about God, rather than focusing my thoughts on God and letting him lead me!  I look through my eyes trying to figure everything out, and when I'll let God take control, step back, and look through his eyes, it blows my mind!  
God has us in the situation we are in for a reason; me Sara, our families, everyone.  We can't see the end result, or even what will happen tomorrow, but I'm learning to adjust my focus so to speak!  I step back and see some of the things unfolding in front of me and I get jacked up about it.  I've been challenged to live Christ out in everything I do, even when I'm driving, which is probably one of my weaknesses!  It's hard for me to love the guy that just cut me off without using a blinker with the same love Christ shows me.  Its even more humbling for me to realize that I'm pretty much doing the same thing to him when I want to do things my own way, and basically cut Him off out of the picture!  Are we willing to love EVERYONE, or just the people that are nice to us, look like us, act a certain way....you get the idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment