Saturday, April 18, 2009

Conference Invite/ LIFE?!?!

So, Sara and I have now been invited to join the staff and others from the church to go to ARC: All Access. It is a conference up in Clayton, NC that the Association of Related Churches is putting on that is focused on church planting, leadership, and church growth! It's going to ROCK, not to mention a great opportunity to meet other strong church leaders, hear their thoughts on ministry, and spend some time with the amazing staff at Lifepoint Church!
I'm supper pumped about tomorrow, because it will be the first week of normal services(however you may define normal) at the church after Easter. We had over 1200 people show up for 3 different services, and as I said, like 20 people make a life change to follow Christ! With the numbers in the air, that would be nearly 500 visitors, many 1st time visitors, and crucial family members of some of the attenders, pray for the church, because instead of having just 700, we may be pushing those numbers again and only having 2 services! Thank God for the volunteers at the church, I've never seen a group of people desire to serve harder than these people! Lifepoint has given them an opportunity to meet with, understand, and develop a relationship with God, and now they are taking that amazing relationship, and doing whatever it takes to reach those around them! It is awesome to hear people asking us to pray for their family members to come to church...WE'VE BEEN HERE 5 WEEKS... and even asking us to pray that they would see major change in these peoples lives!
The opportunities that have opened for us are amazing, and that is one of the things that has been able to keep our spirits up! With not very much luck when it comes to jobs, its hard to understand what God is doing when we are trying to figure out where the money is coming from, but we know it'll be provided! Just an encouragement, when it seems like everything is just crap...think about how awesome it is to have family and friends around us that care...that's what's keeping us up, and a God that is doing something so much greater than a stinkin job...I pray that we'll be used in any way possible! As the staff tends to say, we look forward to doing whatever it takes, doing Anything short of sin to reach people! What I'm learning is that God doesn't need a job to supply us with what we need, but that doesn't mean I'm completely reliant on that!!! I CAN'T WAIT TO HAVE A FULL TIME JOB!!! I'll regret saying that someday!
So I'm ranting/rambling a bit, but things a quite interesting around here. I'll try to update more often, as often as I can, as requested! Thanks for the support and prayers, love you all

1 comment:

  1. hey! so excited to see you guys. I'll be running all over C3 serving in various areas. This week I had a team of girls putting together 1200something gift bags for All Access. Gonna be a great conference. I am especially excited that Chad is playing the Sunday night and morning sessions and some dear friends/staff members are leading worship Sun. night and Mon morning (Jordan and his wife Patience, my roomie in college).

    ReplyDelete