Wednesday, February 25, 2009

We're back! And man do I have a story!

So, I'm sure you're expecting the exciting story of how Wilmington was AWESOME, but frankly, I'm exhausted...so I'll get that done tomorrow! But I did want to throw out this interesting story!

During our flight home, we had the privilege of hearing an older woman completely pour her heart out to a younger girl on the way from the Houston airport to Tulsa. They were sitting right behind us(yes, I was eaves dropping)! It was interesting hearing someone share their faith, without hesitation! I know that it should be that easy, but often times when I'm in just a random conversation with someone I just met, I don't typically look for ways to share Christ, I'm to worried about other things...and that is one way I fall short. But this lady was hitting on all cylinders! She would just strike up conversation, then lead it towards Christ...no matter what they were talking about! They seemed to be having a great conversation, laughing, carrying on...when I realized that she had really gotten somewhere with the younger lady. She(younger lady) went on to explain about how she was raised in a home with little religious influence, and within the last year or so she had really felt something pulling her to find out what she believes. She didn't make a decision, and I was so thankful that the older woman left it up to the younger girl to make the decision...but man, was there ever a seed planted!

When the plane landed, the Christian older lady explained that she hoped to see her again someday, and seeing as to the odds of ever seeing someone you randomly sit by on a plane ever again, she said she hoped it would be in Heaven...as the younger lady left...she said something that blew me away!!!! She said, "Thanks for talking with me, I enjoyed it! I'll see you again someday!" Enough said!

No comments:

Post a Comment